Written by: Bill Hollis
Article source: JOY! Magazine
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
The coronavirus has not only affected people’s heath, but it has brought about uncertain times for most people in the marketplace. How we deal with this time will determine how quickly we pass through and how we come out the other side. Below are some thoughts of how we could face this season with the Kingdom uppermost in our minds and hearts:
• We need to look at life through the lens of the Kingdom and walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
• Most importantly we need to spend time in prayer to be led by the Spirit before making any major decision or seek Godly counsel.
• It is time to take stock of our situation and to face the reality of where we are so that we are not deceived by the enemy and continue down a destructive path.
• Now is the time to make those difficult decisions to change the situations that we have put off for many years.
• Before making any decisions regarding retrenchments or closing the company, we need to consider how the lives of others will be affected.
• This is a season for true faith to arise and not to operate out of foolishness or presumption, yet we need to continue to sow in a famine.
• Finally, it is to trust that the Lord will work all things for our good as we seek to establish His Kingdom in the marketplace.
Faith is the Kingdom currency
As Kingdom people, we need to be led by the Spirit and the Word of God, not to allow fear and anxiety to rule our hearts. Faith is the currency of the Kingdom. As we trust and believe in the Word of God, we need to expect that we will prosper in a time of famine. Finally, establish that the Lord and the Word of God is the only certainty in this time of uncertainty.
JOY! Digital is a Christian portal that shares pre-published articles by writers around the world. Each article is sourced and linked to the origin, and each article is credited with the author’s name. Although we do publish many articles that have been written in-house by JOY! journalists, we do not exclusively create our own content. Any views or opinions presented on this website are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.