The API Education Foundation, which operates in South Africa as a Study Abroad venue for the Azusa Pacific University in California, USA, is looking to appoint a CAPE TOWN DIRECTOR from 1st September 2017. The position requires a committed Christian, who is active in a local church and in sympathy with the Identity Statements of APU (www.apu.edu/about/believe).
The appointee would need the following:
- Strong administrative and student development experience
- Experience in teaching at higher education level
- At least a Master’s degree, with a terminal degree preferred
- A passion for community engagement, which is an integral part of the program
- A driver’s licence (preferably Code 10)
Responsibilities would include:
- Directing the Cape Town campus at Wellwood Lodge in Fish Hoek, in consultation with the Executive Director
- Teaching courses as agreed from time to time as part of the remuneration package
- Providing a leadership role over Cape Town faculty, staff and students.
- Undertaking various administrative responsibilities and supervising the Cape Town campus office and the Wellwood Lodge facility.
Applicants should understand that the person appointed must reside in Cape Town, since no accommodation is provided.
Anyone interested in the position should email a CV and motivation to the Executive Director of API, Dr Reg Codrington, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information may also be obtained via this address.
Applications close on 31st July 2017.
Note: API Education Foundation reserves the right not to make an appointment should it be felt that no suitable applicant has been found.