– by PJ Stassen
When the atheist-evolutionists sometimes wonder why Christians do not want to buy into their typically pagan ideology, the answer is obvious … they do not convince because of the disingenuous evolution-terminology they so often use in public, in social life, in the media and in wildlife-programmes on DSTV.
The atheist-evolutionists insist, for instance, that there was/is no such thing as intelligent design (or an Intelligent Designer) while their words, utterances and terminology often diametrically contradict what they say (and belies what they really believe) with monotonous regularity. Some examples overheard in public or on DSTV (‘NG Wild’) or often read in popular ‘Evolution’ culture:
- “We BELIEVE in Evolution!” (Religious terminology, not science-terminology, which affirms the charge that ‘Evolution’ is no more than a suburban religious cult. If they ‘know’ Evolution to be true, to ‘believe’ in it would be totally unnecessary).
- “It is all about the survival of the fittest!” (Unscientific reasoning in circles: “Why did the rhino survive?” [Because it is the fittest!”]; “Why is it the fittest?” [“Because it survived!”]).
- “The hind-legs of the kangaroo are an engineering marvel!” (Conceding a Divine Engineer or Intelligent Designer).
- “The Cheetah was designed for quick bursts of speed, not for long-distance running!” (Conceding an Intelligent Designer).
- “The Lion is a magnificent creature!” (Conceding a Creator).
- “‘Evolution’ has equipped predators with power!” (Unscientific reasoning in circles). Suggests that ‘Evolution’ possesses such a faculty as ‘intelligence’ and ‘premeditating discretion’ after all.
- “Nature rewards survivors with longevity!” (Unscientific reasoning in circles, i.e. Nature rewards those who survive with a long life … duh?). Also suggests that Nature possesses such a faculty as ‘intelligence’ and ‘premeditating discretion’ after all.
- “The hippo is so designed that, while lounging in the river, only its eyes and nostrils break the water-surface!” (Conceding an Intelligent Designer).
- “Evolution’ has given the hippo the facility of ‘red blood-sweat’ secretions that act as both a sunscreen and an antibacterial agent!” (Again conceding a premeditating intelligence of some sort).
- “There are no such things as ‘moral absolutes’ as the Christians would care to assert!” (How can the speaker then be ‘absolutely sure’ about the veracity of his own statement?).
- “There is no such thing as ‘absolute truth’!” (Then the speaker is of necessity telling a lie, which means that there is such a thing as ‘absolute truth’ after all).
- “Religion is evil!” (Atheists normally reject the idea of GOOD vs. EVIL, the existence of ‘Absolute Truth’ or the existence of ‘Moral Absolutes’, and they usually (and by and large) support the point-of-departure of ‘moral relativism’, which has nothing to do with the Bible or the Gospel but everything with New Age secular-humanism. When they, however, go ahead and say such things as ‘religion is evil’, they contradict themselves as the antithesis (EVIL) cannot exist and does not make sense without the direct opposite thesis (GOOD). ‘Evil’ as compared to what … Nero? Jack the Ripper? Charles Manson? Billy Graham? Richard Dawkins? Osama bin Laden? Strictly speaking true, dyed-in-the-wool atheists are not supposed to use words like good, evil since, according to them, a good God and a bad Devil does not exist).
- “Evolution is driven by ‘natural selection’!” (This is known as original ‘Darwinism’, and it suggests a premeditating intelligence of some sort).
- “Evolution is driven by ‘natural selection’ in conjunction with ‘beneficial mutations’!” (This is known as ‘Neo-Darwinism’, a favourite theory of many Darwinists. The problem is that (i) ‘natural selection’ suggests a premeditating intelligence of some sort and that (ii) according to most reasonable scientists, there is no such thing as a ‘beneficial mutation’ … in the final analysis, all mutations are detrimental to organisms. In practise this would mean that ‘natural selection’ actually would select all mutations for destruction, causing any so-called ‘Evolution’ in species to automatically self-destruct every time).
- “Evolution is driven by the inheritance of acquired characteristics in species!” (This is known as ‘Lamarckism’, after the inventor of the idea. This means that, theoretically, the giraffe got its long neck by reaching over ‘millions of years’ for leaves at the top of the tree, a ridiculous notion. If this theory were valid, then the daughters of beauty queens would be born as beauty queens; the sons of bodybuilders as bodybuilders and the sons of Jews readily circumcised at birth by default. Chinese girls would be born with shrunk feet. No serious scientist believes in this fairy tale any longer).
- “Evolution is driven by ‘punctuated equilibrium’!” (Also known as the ‘Hopeful Monster Theory’, this myth invented by Richard Goldsmith and supported by Stephen Gould teaches that, one day ‘millions of years ago’, a crocodile lay and egg and, instead of hatching a reptile, a bird was hatched instead. A few kilometres or miles away, another crocodile, by sheer coincidence, hatched another bird from its egg. The two birds then met, thunder and lightning flashed and they got married; so birds as a species were born. This theory is so farfetched, fantastic and incredible that one does not even want to dignify it with a rebuttal, and gets the impression that, what was apparently meant as a science-fiction story, must have tragically emerged as a treatise on Evolutionary Theory).
- “If your ‘God’ really created the Universe in six ordinary weekdays of 24 hours each, then why does the Universe look ‘billions of years’ old?” (What a strange question … how do they know what a ‘billions of years’ old Universe is supposed to look like? First show us an example or prototype of a typical ‘billions of years’ old Universe so that we make some comparisons and then we will probably be able to answer your question. For the same price and in the same vein, Christians may then just as well ask them the question: “If dumb, brainless and mindless ‘Evolution’ really created the Universe out of nothing and with nothing over billions of years, then why does the Universe look so intelligently designed as if it was created in six ordinary weekdays of 24 hours each?”).
In conclusion, Christians (and the atheist-evolutionists) should bear in mind that God has promised His children the creation of a new Heaven and a new Earth:
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (Revelation 21:1-4 KJV).
I was just wondering: Are we going to have to wait another ‘13.7 billion years’ for the new Heaven to be created, and another ‘4.6 billion years’ for the new Earth to be created? Either the Christians are thus in for an inconsolably long wait, or the atheist-evolutionists are in for a bitter disappointment.
© Copyright 2016 PJ Stassen | All Rights Reserved